Security Scotland is delighted to announce that we have been granted the Department of Work and Pensions “Two Ticks” accreditation. This scheme is a recognition given by Jobcentre Plus to employers who have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. It is represented by the two ticks disability symbol and confirms the company’s ongoing commitment to equality and diversity. It means that Security Scotland is amongst the first security and safety organisations after Police Scotland to be part of this scheme.
Security Scotland has committed :
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- each year to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.